Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bigotry - The Long and Short of It

One thing this early Primary season has made crystal clear to me, is that we truly are a nation of bigots. You may think this is ironic, this being posted on a blog whose main contributors are a redheaded Jew, a snoring Pollock, a Mexican from East LA (or at least the same state)who can't even speak Spanish, and whatever that Demented guy is, but it is true. We are as a nation, bigots. You may say that the early Democratic Primaries are evidence that we are growing past our bigotry and are willing to elect a black dude, or even more shocking, a lesbian! (Common' we all know the Clinton's is a marriage of convenience. Bill's exploits are legendary, Hillary is always visiting "close friends", and Chelsea doesn't look like either of them) We have even in the past elected a cripple (4 times), a Catholic, and a fag. (Buchanan wasn't hiding anything.)

But I propose to you that it IS this very Primary season that has brought to the forefront a prejudice that may be more deeply ingrained then the rest of them. A prejudice suffered by citizens who no one, to this point, has had the melons to stand up and defend. It is a prejudice that knows no race, no religion, no gender. Face it America, we oppress short guys.

Now I don't even have a horse in this race. I'm 6'4" tall with a size 13 shoe (ladies...). But I really can't come up with any other reason why Dennis Kucinich is barely a blip in the polls. He has been right on everything. He voted against the Patriot Act and the War. He introduced the article to congress calling for the impeachment of Dick Cheney. His health care plan is first copied and then compromised by all other Democratic candidates. He has consistently fought for the working man, and the rights of women. He actually is everything the Democrats say they want. What is their big problem, for fuck's sake? He just ain't that tall, right? What else could it be?

For this reason, I say Fuck the Democrats. At least the Republicans don't pretend to hide their bigotry. Well, OK, they do try to hide it, but they just ain't any good at it. We know what we are getting with them. Call a spade a spade...in the parlance of our times.

I support my little brother DK. I agree with his entire platform. I find it refreshing that he writes his own speeches. I am impressed that he started on his high school basketball team (at 4'9") and I do love his taste in women. Have you seen his wife Elizabeth? Tall, redheaded and gorgeous. She's like a real Jessica Rabbit. I'm guessin' however that she is with DK for a little something more than "he makes her laugh". You know that guy is swinging a Louisville Slugger. And steroid free, I'm bettin'.



Dems, if you want my respect, or more importantly, my vote, you better start getting in the booth, and poppin' that Kucinich chad. He's the only choice, you freakin' nimrods. The rest are "posers" (to quote the Red Man.)

As evidence that the short guy can succeed, I give you the following list.

1) Rudy
2) Spud Webb
3) Mini Kiss
4) Napoleon
5) Robby Benson as Henry Steele in the 1978 classic sports gem, "One on One".

Respectfully submitted,
Z

2 comments:

Richard said...

¡Pinche gringo!

mick said...

Atta boy, Z

I'm right there with you, and even took the filthy step of registering Dem so I could vote in this primary.

Good to see you're out there amusing the masses.