
After spending a fun filled New Year's Eve with The Red Man, RLo and others, it was time to head back to the Buff. As I arrived in Logan Airport's Terminal C on a cold New Year's night, I noticed only a few feet away Former WTA #1 ranked Martina Hingis. At first, I had to do a double take because she was much taller than I expected. Of course, after watching her compete for the better part of the last decade against a literal army of Amazons, you can understand my surprise.
Now, what was Martina "I own my own private jet" Hingis doing in Terminal C? Good question. Maybe she needs to be frugal in retirement and can only afford no more than first class these days. No doubt she just popped in from international arrivals in Terminal D and was making her connection to what I imagined to be Aspen, for some reason.
Anyway, after my double take, I must have had that air of recognition on my face because as I caught her eye, she stopped ever so breifly and threw me a smile, as if to say, "Yes, I am...", but then quickly turned, again as if to say, "but I don't want to sign any autographs, and you look like one of the men I got a restraining order against when I received your letter after my frist Austrailian Open victory in 1997 when I was only 16 you dirty old bastard perv."
Now, in my defense, the whole letter thing was just a big misunderstanding. First of all, there was a typo. As I tried to connect with her on the 'elite athete' tip, the letter SHOULD have read, 'I'm a big "bowler"'. And secondly, after the photographic evidence below, can you blame me for asking if she has a lot of fun with big balls?

Respectfully submitted,
Z
PS - Remeber, she smiled first. I still have a chance!
No comments:
Post a Comment