
Dear Readers,
I recently read online that the Cavemen TV show that is set to premiere on ABC shortly is causing quite a bit of controversy. You know the commercials, well now those clueless cromagnons from Geico now have a half hour sitcom. Apparently, there are quite a few people out there who think the concept comes across as racist and not just unfunny (as expected).
Now, I'm not writing about this because of network insensitivity towards minorities (in this instance it is a stretch to say the least -- unless Imus is the first guest star), but rather because I am shocked that a network would purchase the rights of an advertising concept to create a show -- granted, the Monkees were pretty fucking close (even Mike Nesmith knew that). So, I have decided to suggest a few other shows based on advertisements.
Tony The Tiger from Frosted Flakes - Tony "The Tiger" Thompson is a former teacher who becomes a Miami drug dealer, gets busted, and has to teach English to juvenile delinquents as part of his plea bargain. The title: Alliteration Nation - Tony the Tiger Totally Tries to Teach Teenagers to Traverse Tumultuous Travails.
Toucan Sam from Froot Loops - "Toucan" Samuel Diego is a Panamanian drug lord competing with other crime syndicates to be the largest supplier of Cocaine in North America. The show will be called Subbacultcha based loosely on the Pixies song.
The Pillsbury Doughboy - Everyone's favorite raw chef will star in either a genre splice where he is a vampire detective named John "Crescent" Roll who only fights crime at night due to his obvious albino-like skin condition entitled Bad Crescent Rising, or as an up and coming porn actor named John Dough tentatively called Glaze or potentially the more subversive Hot Cross Buns.
Joe Camel - Will play an out of work actor willing to do anything to make it as a sugar cereal spokesman. The show will be produced by HBO and is titled 53rd & 3rd named after Deedee Ramone's autobiographical song. Unfortunately, Deedee's rap song was the only tune available for the soundtrack. Lindsey Lohan is attached to be the sidekick. For a laugh, click on the Dee Dee Rap.
-TRM
1 comment:
I agree and love some of the idea's you cam up with, which are better then this one.
I still can't believe that they want to make a sitcom up based on that.
I think this could be the sign of the end of days, which was not the best movie for Arnold. but that is a whole other conversation. That starts something like Rose, what are you thinking? good film for Arnie!
Post a Comment