On a recent trip to Portland, OR, my librarians and I were sitting in a bar when we met Maile, the keyboard player, and newest member of the Prids. We had a wonderful time hanging out with her and her friends, sharing drinks and talking Punk Rock. Maile is several years younger then my crowd, but Punk Rock unites! To quote our heroine of this particular post, "I don't care that you guys are old, you are totally cool." Believe me Maile, we'll take the compliment. We think you're pretty neat too.
Maile was totally excited about a California tour that was going to start later that week, and was trying to convince my Bay Area librarians to see their show. Unfortunately I was shocked to find out that the tour was cut short by a horrible accident, as their van blew a tire and they were all injured to various degrees. Rumor has it that they have all survived and have been released from the hospital, thank Christ. But, as is often the case, kids in bands don't have health insurance, and these kids have some serious injuries. So, I ask you to consider visiting their website theprids.com. There you will find a link to donate, to help with medical expenses. I was heartened to find that there are kids like Maile to keep punk rock alive for her generation, as well as us old farts. So, I'm donating.
And Maile, I think I can speak for my librarians when I say we all loved meeting you, we all hope you get better soon, and keep rockin out.
Love,
Z
PS - The attached video of the Prids is prior to Maile's tenure in the band, but ironicaly and surprisingly features an old college friend of mine dancing in the video. He's the guy after the blond, following the two punks slamming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Z, thank you so much for all your kind words. Myself and others in the van have various broken bones and are still in quite a lot of pain but we're hangin' in there. We all know how thankful we are to simply be alive so some pain seems rather minor in the scheme of things. I had a great time hanging out with you and your librarian friends! After everyone is healed and a new van has been purchased we will most definitely be back in San Francisco so you better be ready for us!!! Thanks again Z.
Post a Comment